Fully reticulated gardens are a necessity, having lawns mowed, weed free and garden beds weeded and all plants healthy. All shrubs and trees should be pruned back and not overhanging on fences or the roof.
- Sheds, Garages should be clean and oil stains removed.
- Windows cleaned inside and out including window tracks.
- Curtains and blinds cleaned.
- Swimming pools should be cleaned and all equipment should be in good working order.
- Gutters and eaves clean and tidy and free from cobwebs.
- Any dripping taps should be fixed (including reticulation).
- All carpets and tile grout cleaned.
- Walls cleaned, any chips or scuffs repaired.
- If you have bright coloured walls it maybe beneficial to repaint in neutral tones.
- Bathrooms should have no mould, no leaking toilets or shower heads and all tiles cleaned.
- Kitchens should have clean cupboards and benches with no dripping taps.
- Ovens should be cleaned including grills and cooktops and all in working order (Including exhaust fans and range hoods).
- All light fittings to be clean and all globes to be in working order.
- Curtain and blinds need to be in good repair and no cords hanging.
Mandatory Requirements from Department of Consumer Affairs
- Two RCD swtiches.
- Hard wired smoke alarms or if a multi storey apartment block then a 10 year battery.
- Make sure all sliding doors and shower screens have safety glass and are all in working order.
- Windows must have keys and locks (the new owner may not be able to get insurance without them).